Individual class- $45 each
Series of 5 classes $40 each ($200)
Series of 10 classes $35 each ($350)
Series of 15 classes $30 each ($450)
**** Save $225 if you buy all 15 classes ****
Touch is an integral part of our health. There have been an increasing amount of studies showing the benefits of touch as well as the negative effects of a lack of touch on our health. In Japanese, healing with hands is called Te Ate literally meaning applying hands or placing hands, which is often said when you are helping treat someone from an injury. In eastern healing traditions touching is the act of charging the Qi, or vital life force energy, to get the life force moving. Additionally, touch unlocks and cultivates our inherent healing powers and compassion.
We all have healing powers within and the most powerful is through targetted, pressure therapy. Kaneko Shiatsu Anma therapy is an effective combination of kneading and pressure therapy using meridian lines and acupuncture points, which Dr. Kaneko has been specializing in for 50 years. With our simple educational classes, your healing power will be guided to bring people’s happiness.
While we are in the middle of a pandemic that emphasizes social distancing it is harder to get the benefits of touch. If you have family or friends in your household this is the best time to help promote relaxation, spread compassion and share healing energies with this ancient therapy. Additionally, let’s remember when you give, you receive. Let’s help each other heal through these difficult times.
This course is part of a 15 class series that will be held on the second and fourth Sunday of each month. Kaneko Shiatsu Anma is beneficial for family, friends, and professionals alike. Each class we will cover different parts of the body. At the end, we’ll review and combine all the sequences and treat the body as a whole for healing the fundamental issue, beyond the local symptoms.
Grandmaster Dr. DoAnn Kaneko and Alan Saruwatari, a former graduate of the Shiatsu Massage School of California will be teaching these classes.
Important Safety message:
- We recommend that your practicing partner for our classes be someone living in your home
- If you partner is from outside your home, please take all the precautions to keep yourself safe, including but not limited to: Covid-19 testing, screening, taking temperature, wearing masks, face shields, working in a well-ventilated room, washing hands thoroughly and using hand sanitizer.
- Be knowledgeable of your partners health conditions and that practicing shiatsu anma on him/her will not cause any harm
- If any health conditions, either yours or your partners is questionable regarding the practice of shiatsu anma, please consult your physician for advice
- Understand that pain can be an indicator that something is wrong. Pay attention and continuously check with your partner that he/she is okay while you are practicing on him/her and that the pressure is not too hard. The concept of “No Pain, No Gain” is not applicable in shiatsu anma.
- If no one is available to practice on you may use a couch cushion or pillow.