Have you ever been interested in learning about pressure points and meridian lines or wanting to brush up on your shiatsu anma? Join us for this unique opportunity to learn from a Grandmaster, Second-Generation Shiatsu Anma Therapist and Shiatsu Pioneer in the US for more than 50 years!
Kaneko Shiatsu Anma Therapy is an effective combination of kneading and pressure therapy using meridian lines and acupuncture points. Shiatsu, which means “finger pressure”, came from Japan over a 100 years ago. Anma, which is “pressure soothing”, and in practice includes kneading, came from China a few thousand years ago. Meridian lines are energy channels that circulate qi and blood throughout the body. Pressure points, or tsubo, in Japanese, are like tuning points that assess energy flow and will tell you whether energy is flowing or blocked, as well as in excess or deficiency. When there is a blockage of energy flow, it can lead to health imbalances. In releasing blockages you regulate the body’s metabolism and homeostasis which benefit the tissues and cells. The benefit of Kaneko Shiatsu Anma is that it treats the person as a whole, integrating body, mind and spirit. It provides therapy for chronic, degenerative, and constitutional conditions, as well as stress management, anti-aging and immune-boosting purposes. Treatments also are provided at the local areas for pain conditions.
We are offering a new series for 3 days and 2 weekends! Kaneko Shiatsu Anma is beneficial for professionals and laymen alike. This series of classes will cover Dr. Kaneko’s DoAnn Long Form, a way to balance the whole body in a one hour treatment session. Each class will cover different parts of the body in order. There will be a review from the previous classes as each area is covered and at the end participants will understand the entire form.
Grandmaster Dr. DoAnn Kaneko and Alan Saruwatari, a former graduate of Dr. Kaneko’s Shiatsu Massage School of California will be teaching these classes. Dr. Kaneko has taught thousands of students since the founding of his former school and healed a variety of ailments with this powerful therapy.
Join us and learn from his expertise these unique healing methods to benefit your clients, family, friends and yourself. Kaneko Shiatsu Anma has proven to be a powerful therapy that can complement and enhance many other healing modalities.
Hybrid Class: In-person and/or online through Zoom.
Online students will receive a Zoom link 1 week before class when we confirm everyone’s attendance.
DATE: Friday – Sunday, Part 1: October 7, 8. 9 & Part 2: October 21, 22, 23
TIME: 9am-6pm, (Lunch 12-1pm), Pacific Standard Time
EARLY BIRD: Until September 23, $435 ($15 off), after Sept 23, $450, Individual class $80
REGISTRATION: Go here to register. Once you register we’ll send you an email confirmation.
REQUIRED TEXTBOOK: Shiatsu Anma Therapy: DoAnn’s Short and Long Forms which comes with a FREE Anma Meridian Massage Therapy DVD. You can purchase that here.
TO BRING: Yoga mat. If you have no yoga mat please let us know.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Certificate of completion in Kaneko Shiatsu Anma Long Form
*Class Schedule and location subject to change due to the pandemic.
- Follow your city’s stay at home orders. We highly recommend that your practicing partner for our classes be someone living in your home
- If you’re allowed to practice with someone outside your home, please take all the precautions to keep yourself safe, including but not limited to: Covid-19 testing, screening, taking temperature, wearing masks, wearing face shields, working in a well-ventilated room, washing hands thoroughly and using hand sanitizer.
- Be knowledgeable of your partners health conditions and that practicing shiatsu anma on him/her will not cause any harm
- If any health conditions, either yours or your partners is questionable regarding the practice of shiatsu anma, please consult your physician for advice
- Understand that pain can be an indicator that something is wrong. Pay attention and continuously check with your partner that he/she is okay while you are practicing on him/her and that the pressure is not too hard. The concept of “No Pain, No Gain” is not applicable in shiatsu anma.
- If no one is available to practice on you may use a couch cushion or pillow.
Students will receive a full refund if they cancel classes before 7 days of the start of class. For courses dropped less than 7 days before the starting date, the fee is $50, which will be subtracted from their refund. If student cancels due to COVID related reasons, please let us know. To cancel a course, email info@kanekohealingarts.
Any refund due to the student, if any, will be made within 5 business days of the formal cancellation date. Refunds are based on the following formula and on advanced payment in full:
10% Hours of Instruction ….. 90% refund
25% Hours of Instruction ….. 75% refund
50% Hours of Instruction ….. 50% refund
60% Hours of Instruction ….. 40% refund
75% Hours of Instruction ….. 25% refund
100% Hours of Instruction ….. No refund